Make no mistake. There are many local areas in your neck of the woods for off-roading activities if you are looking to have a great time experiencing what Mother Nature can deliver in the great outdoors.
Basically, just look for a trail and knock yourself out. It’s pretty straightforward.
But there’s something to be said about national off-roading events and meetups that take place throughout the United States.
Why Attend 4×4 Events and Meetups?
Not only do you get to rub shoulders with people who share the same interests as you, but you’re also more likely to get the inside scoop on trails, equipment, after-market options, and all that other good stuff.
If you want to deepen your understanding of the trails and routes that you’re already familiar with, going to a 4×4 or off-road meetup in many different parts of the United States will help you tremendously.
There are also a lot of very interesting personalities. Some are larger than life that can help you truly enjoy and remember why you’re into off-roading in the first place.
Personally, I love the jamborees because not only do you get to meet up with fellow enthusiasts, but there is a set itinerary, so you just line up with everybody else, and there’s this long convoy of off-road vehicles going from spot to spot.
It’s like getting a guided tour of nature trails and local natural attractions from a resident’s perspective.
One benefit of off-roading is you get to develop camaraderie from other off-roaders who come from all walks of life. You get to join trips and go on adventures together.
There’s a tremendous amount of tips being shared and some insider guides that rarely see the light of the day. These alone make attending the meetups worth it.
You may live in one part of the United States that you think you know very well, but it turns out that there are many side trails or other options you previously did not consider.
Besides, you can also learn about places you haven’t been into before, so you can make a more informed decision instead of just sticking to the main trails everybody uses.
By networking with people who are from those areas or who have many years of experience enjoying those trails and routes, you get an insider’s track on how to get the most out of your experience when visiting certain trails.
After all, most people go through a faraway trail only once. It would be great to get a little bit of local insider information so you can get the most out of that once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Another significant benefit of attempting to show up at 4×4 or off-roader events is that you get access to clubs and organizations which help plan further meetups and events.
This way, whatever you’re into, you can rest assured that the group will help you organize a trip where everybody will have a good time.
List of Off-Roading Events
For a list of off-roading events, see the list below
As you can tell from the list, it covers almost all parts of the United States from the east coast to the southwest to the great middle portion of the country.
Whether you’re coming from the midwest or the west coast, there are sure to be a local event that you can have a great time with, and a lot of these are also organized around jamborees.
It means that people are going to go from spot to spot as part of the overall event.
- 4Wheel Jamboree Nationals – an event for all Jeep, 4×4, Off-road enthusiasts with a series of events in different locations: Bloomsburg, PA and Indianapolis, IN.
- Bloomsburg,PA will be in July 9-11; Indianapolis, IN will be in Sept 17-19, 2021.
- Death Valley Experience – a 5 day run which will start from March 10 – 14, 2021. This will be the first Death Valley experience for cal4wheel. Points of interest during the run will be Zabriskie point, Barker Ranch, and the racetrack, Dante’s View, 20 mule Team canyon, Artist’s Drive, Chloride driffs, among others.
- 2021 Easter Jeep Safari – will be an 9-day excursion which will start from March 27, 2021 to April 4, 2021. This event is hosted by Red Rock 4-wheelers. Different trails will be tackled during the 9-day event.
- Lady Jeepers Extravaganza Event- will be on March 26, 2021 to March 28, 2021. It is a fun event for lady jeepers that includes a day of education, driving skills, guided trails rides, dinner nights, competitions and awarding ceremonies.
- Wander Offroad & Explore Overland – will be on April 09, 2021 to April 11, 2021 at Windrock Park, Oliver Springs TN.
- Jeep Jamboree USA – will be on May 07, 2021 to May 8, 2021 at the Windrock Park, TN.
- ROAM4LO- Will be on June 03, 2021 to June 06, 2021
- Great Smoky Mountain Trail Side – STCLA – will be on June 14, 2021 to June 19, 2021- this is a sponsored event by STCLA with guided trail rides from monday to friday.
- Dixie 4 Wheel Drive Off Road Expo 2021 – will be on March 20, 2021 to March 31, 2021. There will be 91 vendor booths and 9 semi spots. The expo will be in Moab UT.
- Parashant National Monument – will be on May 18, 2021 to May 21, 2021. This is a four day overlanding tour that will start in St. George, Utah.
- The Applegate-Lassen Trail Overland Tour – will be on May 27-30, 2021.
- Baja California Guided Summer Tour – will be on June 9-15, 2021.
- Rimrocker Trail Overland Tour- will be on August 10 to 12, 2021. The location will be in Montrose, Colorado to Moab, Utah.
- Overland Expo Mountain West- will be on August 27-29, 2021. The location will be in The Ranch, Loveland Colorado.